As you may have noticed, I don't usually post product reviews. Most products I've had are nothing new and have been reviewed by users who are more knowledgeable than me in this area. However, I googled this BB Cream which I bought recently and have not found any reviews. It seemed like a good topic to blog about.
Promises: Good coverage, sunblock, wrinkle-care and whitening effect.
I find the packaging very pretty. It comes in a textured gold box designed with vines and flowers. The tube has a similar design, but its color is a greenish gold. One side of the box has the list of ingredients and the other side has a brief description of the product.
What I don't like is its use of Engrish. No biggie, but for me it kinda makes the product dubious. On the other hand, its information is a bit more helpful for me than say, those products that only have Korean or Japanese characters. Haha.
- Price. Cheaper than premium or even most popular brands, but not so cheap it's scary to try.
- No breakouts!
- Good coverage but does not feel heavy. It looks a little strange on me when first applied, but after a while it adapts and looks natural.
- The girl who sold this to me said this suits all skintones. Not sure if that's true but I gave samples to 2 of my sisters (we all have different skintones) and it looks fine on them as well.
- Pretty packaging. The magpie in me likes the shiny gold box.
- Oil-controlling ability is amazing. The first time I used it, I was amazed that I still looked fresh and hardly needed a touch up even after several hours of playing with my hyperactive niece.
- Has a faint medicine-y smell (but like I said, that is what BB Cream is.) Reminds me of joint cream but the smell is not as powerful. It's not unpleasant, mind you, but when it comes to products for the face, I really prefer fragrance-free stuff.
- The product as well as the manufacturer is so obscure. Even a Google search for Sanli International Cosmetic Group came up with the following results: