Pages

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

Saturday, March 17, 2012

M2 HP Skin Refinish



The fight against aging starts in our 20's, and products that promise brighter, more youthful and flawless skin like the M2 line Luminaze are choice weapons. I've been dying to try them since I first heard about them.

I heard a lot of good things about M2 skincare products a while back and I recently got the chance to use it. Since I am a new user, I will be sharing my first impression of the product.

About the Product

This is a micropeel product. This line gets its name from the 2 main active ingredients: Mandelic Acid, which is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid or AHA derived from almonds and Malic Acid, which occurs naturally in fruits.

The product itself is a clear sticky dense liquid. I mean really sticky. I think a lot of people would be bothered by the stickiness of it, but I actually think it's a good idea. It keeps the product on my face and doesn't come off even if I sweat and it doesn't transfer to my pillow or sheets when I sleep. Besides, it dries to a kind of shiny film after a few minutes and becomes more comfortable after moisturizer is applied.

This product works fast! There was flaking around my nose and mouth areas the morning after my first use and I saw dead skin on my cotton pad when I applied toner. Also, like with products of this nature, expect a purging stage, where deep seated dirt and impurities come up to the surface in the form of breakouts.

Ingredients for those interested.

It's still too early to say but here are my thoughts so far:

Likes:

- fast results
- Comes in an airless pump bottle which twists up and out to open. No lost caps or parts. Very hygienic.
- A little goes a long way.


Dislikes:
- expensive! (for me, at least. 2K-3K for 50 ml)
- not widely available, (most people just buy online or through dermatologists)
- strong smell
- itching or stinging sensation. Not for sensitive skin.
- Purging stage

Etc.
- When using peeling/whitening products, always wear sunscreen.
- Don't be scared by the purging stage, the product is going to treat those breakouts as well. Just follow through or else you'll be left worse off than when you started.
- For new users, only use this product every other day for the first couple of months so that your skin gets used to the ingredients. (I alternate this with an acne treatment for the breakouts)

Will I buy again?
Undecided. It depends on the end result after 1 bottle.

Thanks for reading, 
Jackie

P.S. I was not paid by M2 to do this review. The product was also bought, not sponsored.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate feedback.

Note: Unrelated spam will be deleted