Pages

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New TV Series: Drop Dead Diva



The Premise: A vapid, superfical model-wannabe dies and gets the chance to come back to life, but in the body of a newly deceased, brilliant size 16 lawyer.

A skinny hottie trapped in the body of a fatty? Sounds like a character a lot of us can relate to, right? I know I can. I lol'd at her reaction when she was told she'd live the rest of her (new) life as a plus-sized girl. "You sent me to hell?" Ha-ha.

There were mixed reviews. Some people were naturally pissed at the depiction of a fat girl as clumsy and as having an unhealthy relationship with food. Maybe not such a good show for someone who could take it personally. Ha-ha.

But then again, skinny girls like Debra Messing have played roles like these and were regarded as charming. I don't see why it should be any different for women of size.

Anyway, I downloaded and watched the first episode. It was pretty cute. It's not the most intelligent show out there, but I wouldn't mind killing 50 minutes a week watching it. I haven't been this interested in a show in a really long time. I think the main character is adorable. She's ditzy, but also super-smart when she wants to be, like a chubby Elle Woods complete with a signature strut. And I'm an FA at heart. I like girls who aren't stick-thin but are still hella pretty.

I mean, even though I want to be skinny myself, I have just never found ana-looking girls to be attractive. I find curvy girls hotter.

Also, Margaret Cho is in the cast. Such a funny gal, and one of the most size-positive people out there. I don't think she'll sign on to anything that would go overboard with the fat jokes. (Or gay jokes. Or racist jokes.) ^^



Let's end this post with some Margaret Cho quotes:

* And especially, especially, don't f--- with vegans. Do not look vegans in the eye. If you get into an argument with a vegan, say "I'm wrong", and run away as fast as you can. Do not f--- with vegans because they will f--- you up...BECAUSE THEY'RE HUNGRY.

* I love my gay male friends, but when I was a little girl I always used to wish that I would be constantly surrounded by gorgeous guys, and I am, and I should have been more specific.

* Thank God for gay men. Thank God for gay men, because if it were not for gay men, I would not talk to men at all.

* If I'm talking to a guy who's straight and cute and single, I'm like, "Are you a unicorn?"

* The first thing that you lose on a diet is brain mass.

* I knew I was crazy because I was watching Jesus Christ Superstar and the part where Jesus carries the cross up the mountain, I actually said to myself, "Wow! That must be a really good workout! Yeah, because you're doing arms and cardio!"

* [My gay child] would be a soldier, and he would change the slogan from "Don't ask, don't tell" to "Don't f--- with me, queen!!"


Sources:
Wikiquote
Pics from the Official Site of Drop Dead Diva and Wikipedia

1 comment:

  1. Hi there colleagues, nice article and pleasant urging
    commented at this place, I am really enjoying by
    these.

    Feel free to visit my website ... How to get rid of stretch marks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate feedback.

Note: Unrelated spam will be deleted