Pages

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

Friday, August 7, 2009

John Hughes, 1950-2009

The man behind such classics as Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Home Alone died of a heart attack.

Read the article on Fox News

This news hit me hard. I love his movies. I


I know Jay and Silent Bob feel the same way.

I could relate to Andie Walsh.
And though I found Andrew McCarthy very cute, I was on Team Ducky all the way.


One of my sisters also got married on my birthday.
I also had a Jake Ryan in my life at one time, and although unlikely, we had our share of perfect moments together, too.

The slacker's hero. We all want our day in the sun.


Don't you... forget about John Hughes.

Danke Schoen, John Hughes.

Sigh. It really is the end of an era.

* Images from Wikipedia



1 comment:

  1. So sad, I also read that from the Net.

    By the way sis, I nominated your blog for an award. Check it here:

    http://goldensdiary.blogspot.com/2009/08/meme-award_08.html

    Lots of love,
    Golden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate feedback.

Note: Unrelated spam will be deleted