Pages

Protected by Copyscape Online Infringement Detector

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Avon Simply Pretty Colorbliss Lipstick in Cool Coral

For a lot of people, the Avon brand is synonymous with direct selling. One can't think of Avon without thinking of the "Avon Ladies." However, I got this from a dealer/distributor's store at a place near my home. They were on sale and I was able to get this for PHP 85 and the Super Shock mascara for PHP 150 (more on that in the future.)

According to Avon Philippines' Website:

Let your natural beauty shine through. Simply Pretty is a brand
that makes putting on makeup simple, easy and uncomplicated.
So you can always be pretty... naturally you.

In other words, Simply Pretty is Avon's makeup line for teens and those who go for a younger, fresher, more natural look. Their products are fuss-free and affordable- perfect for beginners and low-maintenance girls.


Swatches:

without flash
with flash

Likes:
- Cheap at PHP 85 (on sale this is also cheap at its regular price)
- color payoff is good
- staying power is pretty impressive

Dislikes:
- somewhat drying. make sure to apply lipbalm underneath
- taste and smell- not overpowering, but I can tell you that I'd be happier without it.

ETC.    
- This lipstick comes is a black-brown plastic case that with subtle glitters/shimmers which curves in towards the middle. I'm not crazy about the packaging. Ah well, it looks the way teen makeup is supposed to look.

- Although the color is buildable, personally, it's better to apply this lightly because it looks more coral then. If you put on too much, it becomes kind of orangey-red and a little mature.

----
Received these awards :
 
from Aimee of aMz's Blog



The Rules:
Link Back to the Person who tagged you
List your 10 Favorite Skincare/Beauty Products
Pass to 10 other Bloggers**
My Top Ten* :
1. Himalaya Herbals Neem Cleansing Foam
2.Human ♥ Nature Sunflower Beauty Oil
3. Eskinol Classic w/ Clindamycin Capsule
4. iWhite Aqua Vita Moisturizer
5. Nivea Sparking White Night Cream
6. Godiva Lip Balm
7.Johnson's Cooling Baby Powder
8. Kojic Acid Soap
9. Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub
10. Dove Go Fresh Grapefruit and Lemongrass Body Mist

*Current Top Ten: because of the weather, I'm more into baths and skincare. Makeup is pretty much useless to me at this point.

**I'm tagging everyone. Yes, I cheated. Everyone I know seems to have been tagged but I also really want to see everyone's Top Ten. =))

Thanks a lot guys!

19 comments:

  1. this shade is so gorgeous!
    i also like one lipstick from simply pretty & it really is pretty!
    i have to check out more shades..kaya lang wala kong kilalang avon lady e
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice shade! I love Avon. Their prices are already cheap, even more when it's on sale, even more when it's on sale plus dealer's discount! Hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really haven't tried avon products but this is such a gorgeous color! too bad it's drying and has a smell though.. :/ maybe they'll come up with a better formulation? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really haven't tried avon products but this is such a gorgeous color! too bad it's drying and has a smell though.. :/ maybe they'll come up with a better formulation? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice shade! I love Avon. Their prices are already cheap, even more when it's on sale, even more when it's on sale plus dealer's discount! Hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used Avon since high school. Now I am keeping an Avon membership so I can take advantage of the discount and sales whenever I need to hoard. Hihi. Thanks for the visit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this color

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it too. Thanks for leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's very clever. I'm thinking of registering with them too for the discounts. It'd also be a cool side job but I think the market's too saturated in my area already. =))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving corally lipsticks lately! And this is super affordable. I used to buy Avon stuff when I was in high school. And they do have pretty neat stuff for a much cheaper price :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love corally lippies and blushes! I can't resist the shade. =))

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely shades!! :D
    follow your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i forgot you already posted this tag. I tagged you again. Hihihi http://bit.ly/nqHhg3

    Anyway, I have the simply pretty love in bloom and i love it! I also have a colorbliss sparkles one but not to fond of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. kojic soap i used it for a long time, so long i cant remember when i started using it lol but now im only using etude, and ughh i have pimples coz i dont sleep well but i guess i have to go back to kojic soap :p

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for tagging Aya. Read yours already. Cool list =))

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi aimee! what etude product do you recommend for the body? I love fragrant bath stuff! =))

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh i dont use any body stuffs from EH, i use body scrubs currently cucumber and melon from watsons :) i love scrubs massages ur skin and refreshing too. im looking for charcoal soaps now or gel bath, if u know any hehe tell me

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like!=)
    my favorite shade in Avon Simply Pretty is the Buttercup..it's a little bit shiny and look so natural on my lips as if i'm not wearing lipstick.=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate feedback.

Note: Unrelated spam will be deleted